June 2014 Real Estate Stats for Allen, Texas¹
- 159 – single-family homes sold, compared to 194 in June of 2013 and 173 in June 2012.
- $285,000 – Median sales price for single-family homes, 12.9 percent higher than from June 2013.
- $323,237 – Average list price for single-family homes, a 1.3 percent increase from this same month in June 2013.
- 25 – Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, 9 days fewer than June 2013.
- 305 – Homes for sale on the market, 13 percent higher than from the same month in June 2013.
- 221 – New listings on the market, the same as in June 2013.
- 174 – Pending sales for single-family homes, 11.5 percent higher than June 2013.
- 2.3 – Months of inventory of single-family homes, a 13.3 percent increase over June 2013.
- $108 – Average price per square foot, compared to $103 in June 2013.
- $127 – Average price per square foot for new construction, the same as in June 2013.
- 15 – New construction single-family sales in June 2014, compared to 19 in June 2013.
Allen: Supply and Demand Points to a Seller’s Market
Allen, like the rest of the surrounding Dallas-Fort Worth area is experiencing a low supply of homes and a high demand. Inventory continues to slide with only a 1.8 months supply of inventory over the last 12 months. A low supply of homes on the market has fostered a robust seller’s market with the average list price being $318,811 (July 2013 thru June 2014) which is a 9.3 percent increase from a year ago.
¹ NTREIS, North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, Inc.